Agilent Technologies -- we stand for high-tech and laboratory expertise around the world. As a worldwide company based in Santa Clara (California/USA), in the heart of Silicon Valley, we offer instruments, software, services and supplies for the entire workflow in the analytical laboratory. Our solutions and products are used among other things for the development of new drugs, for food testing, in cancer research and in doping control. We inspire discoveries that advance the quality of life. At our German headquarters in Waldbronn we develop, produce and market leading comprehensive analytic solutions. Along with our sales offices in Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Ratingen, there is a staff of about 1,000 in Germany.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an Academia Sales Account Manager (m/f) focusing on Swiss-German universities, research institutions and hospitals.
You will be part of the Agilent Technologies Life Science and Chemical Analysis sales team. In this critical sales role you will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge to manage non-for-profit accounts of significant scope and complexity. In this role you will be expected to sell the entire Agilent product portfolio such as GC, HPLC, UHPLC, CE, MS, Lab informatics and automation solutions. The Academia Account Manager role is expected to develop and execute sales strategies developing the business within assigned accounts.
- Full sales turnover responsibility within assigned accounts. Selling the entire Agilent product portfolio such as GC, HPLC, UHPLC, CE, MS, Labinformatics and automation solutions
- Define tailor-made sales solutions, responding to varying customer requirements by size and market
- Leading projects that require coordinating with a cross-functional team. Partnering with product specialists who focus on LCMS, Informatics and Laboratory Automation winning large sales projects. Work closely with Service colleagues ensuring proper project implementation and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with customers to help understand needs and identify solutions to non-standard tasks/queries creating value-added business opportunities
- Develop strategic high-level customer relationships, academic communities and local references, manage complex large key accounts and assure that Agilent is recognized as strategic partner
- Work closely with Marketing and other sales channel teams to align proper product messaging as part of program deliverables
- BS/MS in a Life Science discipline (advanced degree preferred). Practical laboratory experience is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years' direct sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of success
- High level of expertise in relevant markets (life sciences and applied markets) and extensive working knowledge of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Strong business development and sales/closing skills
- Must have excellent communication skills in German and English (written and verbal)
- Able to interface effortlessly at all levels within different account customer structures
- Home office possibilities or Office based in Basel
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Work-Life-Balance programs
- Career development opportunities
By further question in regards to the recruitment process, please contact Sophia Fell on 0044 20 7850 9291
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.