To strengthen our organization, we are recruiting for a
to oversee compliance and risk management activities as well as the company’s global research, collaboration, license and other agreements with partners on a worldwide basis, with a specific focus on the US and extensive experience in China. The position will support the specific needs of a small, growing biotech company operating on an international basis, providing legal advice on a wide variety of matters and projects related to operations in the biopharmaceutical industry. He or she will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with the Executive Team to ensure compliance with relevant laws, mitigate risk, assure appropriate corporate governance and adhere to international regulatory requirements.
- Drafting, negotiation and review of a broad range of agreements with a focus on highly sophisticated licensing and collaborative development agreements governed by US law and compliant with regulatory requirements of the FDA and the EMA
- Managing the legal lifecycle of global partnerships including drafting and negotiation of amendments, extensions and terminations of such relationships
- Support of the Executive Team in undertaking legal tasks and projects based on international laws and regulations
- Establish and improve internal and external risk management processes
- Assure appropriate corporate governance in accordance with international standards
- Monitoring of and reporting on significant regulatory and legal developments in various jurisdictions, with a particular focus on the US and China
- Provision of legal advice on structuring existing and future international business relationships and adhering to regulatory requirements with a focus on the US and China
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks inherent in the business and its commercial relationships.
- Assess and manage international litigations and alternative dispute resolution procedures, in particular in the US
- Periodic legal reporting on various matters to the board
- Conduct mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and the establishment of new entities and affiliates in the US, as necessary
- Oversee the company’s portfolio of patents and trademarks
- Qualified US lawyer with experience in commercial law and a strong licensing and technology transaction background.
- At least 20 years of experience with international licensing and collaboration agreements according to US law and extensive experience in the Chinese market.
- Work experience in the area of small biotech is a must, including a deep understanding of the life science and biopharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of successfully executed deals in the biotech industry
- Business-oriented mindset and high personal integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English and the ability to work collaboratively in a small company environment and to flourish in the culture of a biotech Company