Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Biotechnologist Manufacturing. He/she manages the operational activities of assigned manufacturing projects with overall responsibility of manufacturing execution with regard to safety, quality and on-time-in full delivery. He / she leads an interdisciplinary team of production leaders, supervisors and specialists. He / she is accountable for the performance and results of the assigned projects including cost control.
- Leads multi-disciplinary project teams as Functional Lead for all manufacturing aspects of assigned products
- Responsible to prepare and execute risk analysis for the assigned products and the implementation and control of defined measures
- Is responsible for the documentation of the processes and process Know-How with the corresponding reports according to the asset- or product specific requirements
- Support cost calculation to plan the production. Overview of costs during production are taken into account for the subsequent performance assessment
- State of the art regulatory requirements are implemented in corresponding asset and products
- Responsible for continuous improvement in related products, assets and procedures taking the established operational excellence methods into account
- Driving continuous improvement in production area for quality, cost, efficiency and safety
- Responsible for training of the operators for the manufacturing of the assigned products
- Supports Plant Manager (Produktionsleiter, Anlageteamleiter) and Head Manufacturing Staff in training and planning tasks
- Represent LONZA Manufacturing unit during customer audits and visits
- Executes innovation and improvement projects comprising general manufacturing aspects for the production plant
- Ensures a high level of technical and process standardization within the production plant
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PhD or Master degree in biotechnology / bioinformatic / chemical engineering or similar
- Ideally you already have a few years of work experience in a similar field (GMP), but not mandatory
- English and German both fluent
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills required
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.