Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As the Global Head of Internal Communications you have a key role in the Communications team, overseeing the global internal communication activities of Lonza. You develop overall internal communications strategies and planning and provide strategic counsel to senior leaders for internal communications programs that will provide clarity on organization’s vision and offer motivation to achieve organizational goals. The position also includes overseeing a team of internal communications managers by hiring, training and evaluating their performance.
- Develop and drive the global internal communications strategy
- Partner effectively with different internal stakeholders across the company to ensure successful implementation of the internal communications strategy
- Work with key internal business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into internal communication strategies and tactics
- Oversee and plan all global employee communications (e.g. internal announcements, newsletters, magazines, videos and business update townhall meetings)
- Act as a strategic advisor for internal communications to senior leaders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, subject matter experts as well as with the global communications, brand and marketing network to create internal communications messages that cohesively reflect company-wide priorities, standards and engage employees
- Develop and execute effective communication plans to roll out initiatives, facilitate change or provide alignment to the business strategy
- Lead and manage a team of Internal Communications Managers and Specialists
- A Master’s degree in Communications or Journalism and substantial experience in corporate communications, ideally with working experience in internal communications in a stock-listed company
- Significant knowledge of team leadership experience
- Experience in internal communications planning and strategy, storytelling and skills to execute effectively, strong writing and editing skills
- Working experience in complex matrix organizations and proven ability to work with and provide strategic counsel and practical advice to demanding senior leaders across geographies
- Extensive and proven experience in stakeholder management and strategic relationship building
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to summarize complex concepts and translate ideas succinctly into compelling messages
- Fluent English and good German skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.