Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. A leader in reproductive and maternal health, Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years. Today, over one third of the company’s research and development investment goes towards finding innovative treatments to help mothers and babies, from conception to birth. The company also identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. For further information on Ferring or its products, visit www.ferring.com.
In our Headquarter in St-Prex/Lausanne (Switzerland), we are looking for a:
Global Medical Scientist (Uro-Oncology)
Provide support in documenting medical and scientific information of the assigned therapeutic area(s) related to scientific, training and marketing materials.
- Identify available key data to support Ferring products for scientific, training, and marketing materials within the therapeutic area of work, urology, uro-oncology, oncology.
- Provide timely answers to medical questions in Medi Q&A database, research and formulate robust responses with relevant references updating database as appropriate.
- GMA super user responsibilities for ZINC. Populate Zinc platform holding Medical information on key Ferring brands including references to support key product related claims.
- Representing GMA in cross-functional teams as appropriate/requested.
Required Experience & Competences:
- MD or PhD in a scientific field is required.
- Uro- Oncology clinical trials experience.
- Minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical industry experience academic related experience.
- Experience managing and interpreting the results of clinical trials as well as exposure to writing protocols.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An ability to synthesize and make scientific data accessible to a wide audience.
- Experience of authoring scientific documents.
- Well-developed communication skills in English.
- Sufficient technical and disease area knowledge to be able to interact with confidence with internal and external partners, especially in the field of Urology.
- Considerable relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred, however academic experience will be considered.
- Experience across phases II - III drug development.
- Proactive outlook, ability to understand priorities, focus energy and resources, and able to follow assignments through to completion.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to undertake international business travel as needed.
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Ferring International Center S.A. as well as all related entities (in the following Ferring) do not accept any candidate submission from unsolicited third parties. Candidates presented by unsolicited third parties (such as recruitment agencies, head hunters etc.), will not be entered into the recruitment process and will not be considered further. Further on, no contractual relationship will result out of such a submission between Ferring and a third party. Ferring is not obligated nor willing to pay any fee to third parties submitting candidates in this manner.
Ferring are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities to all prospective employees within the recruitment process. Ferring complies with and supports all national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination. Please note that Ferring is supported by Serendi for Talent Acquisition Services. As their Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider Serendi is exclusively in charge of the above-mentioned position. Your data is handled according to the compliance guidelines of Ferring. Please see the Recruitment Data Privacy Statement for more information. If you have any questions your recruiter will be happy to help. www.serendi.com