The OTC division of ED&F Man Capital Markets was created four years ago and has seen significant growth since conception.
We are looking for an OTC Agribusiness Derivatives Relationship Manager, EMEA to be based out of our office in Winterthur, Switzerland. This is a new role as part of a growing global OTC business.
The main purpose in this function is to manage a customers’ portfolio, providing a properly risk management service. This requires a previous experience in the OTC markets and a unique set of skills to advise agribusiness OTC hedge strategies, manage clients’ volatility risk portfolio, onboard new customers and grow the revenues.
It is mandatory for the applicant an already proven understanding of OTC hedging instruments in agribusiness, besides a good knowledge of various commodity complex markets, such as grains, softs and oilseeds.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Deal directly with customers in agribusiness and provide bespoke hedging solutions that fit their commercial activities
- Develop strong client relationships and manage their portfolio
- Engage new companies all over EMEA region as customers of ED&F Man Capital Markets
- Sells a range of financial products to agribusiness customers.
- Educate customers to the full understanding of the hedging tools’ benefits and risks
- Make initial assessments on customers’ financial statements
- Deep understanding of agribusiness market and of all inherent drivers that impact each commodity complex
- Good understanding of FX and economic influences driving the market to explain to all level of clients
- Participate in agribusiness events as attender and/or speaker in Risk Management Panels
- Work closely with other members of the relationship team to identify and bring new business opportunities along with maintaining current revenue
- Work on and improve periodically the Business Plan for the EMEA region
- Participate on conduct of the dealing processes for Risk Management projects with a focus on EMEA markets
- Co-managing internal projects of geographical expansions
- Implement management KPI’s to provide a more accurate and realistic performance analysis
- Implement and maintain a CRM control to better serve our clients and enhance our prospects efficiency
- Identify opportunities of grow and help to act upon them.
- Graduated degree in Economics, Finance, Management, Engineering or similar
- Proven experience of expanding client revenues through demonstration of high levels of product knowledge in OTC derivatives for the agribusiness sector
- Proven experience of selling a range of OTC financial products
- Knowledge of trading, accounting, compliance, risk and post trade portfolio valuation
- Strong analytical skills required to assess portfolio performance
- Deep knowledge of agribusiness and economics dynamic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service focus
- Competent CRM use and knowledge
- Solid negotiation and presentation skills
- Solid project management skills
- Advanced user of MS Office package, particularly Excel
- Specialist Knowledge of pricing methodologies using Black-Scholes equations and exotics:
- European, American and Asian options
- Digital (Binary) options
- Barrier options (KO/KI)
- Value-at-Risk models
- Extensive understanding of agribusiness markets and financial market risk concepts
- Deep understanding of American and/or Brazilian internal agribusiness dynamics:
- Crop rotations (soybeans, corn and wheat)
- Internal pricing structuration
- Internal Basis (premium or basis) composition
- Line-ups inspection
- Contribution to the international market
- Previous knowledge of Thomson Reuters Eikon, Bloomberg or similar
- Previous experience with Murex is advantageous
- Fluency in Spanish, German or Portuguese
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business.
Our global financial brokerage blends the heritage and experience of ED&F Man with our capital markets expertise. Our business ethos centres on integrity, trust, client care and astute risk management. We execute orders for institutional investors, hedge fund managers and professional traders across a broad range of asset classes including: metals; ags & softs; energy; foreign exchange; equities; fixed income; and futures & options.
Our services include trade processing, clearing, execution, market making and agency based electronic and voice brokerage. Using our world-class IT infrastructure, we also offer specialised connectivity, hosting, network and infrastructure services to firms seeking optimised low latency derivative trading and clearing solutions. Our strong capital base and balance sheet enable us to offer stability, assurance and strength.