Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a new member for the Microbial Research and Development team for Lonza Pharma, Biotech & Nutrition.
- You will design, develop and optimize yeast production hosts including fermentation and processes for recombinant protein production
- Your work involves experimental planning and execution as well as data analysis, presentation and documentation
- You will be involved in the supervision of external projects
- Advanced degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biology or equivalent
- Experience in yeast strain development including basic experience in microbial fermentation is a prerequisite
- Basic experience in protein purification related areas or statistical analysis would be advantageous
- You enjoy experimental work and are enthusiastic about innovation and new technologies
- You are flexible and able to work in a collaborative manner in an interdisciplinary team
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.