Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Job Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Languages / Frameworks : Java, Native Android SDK, Lint, DexGuard, ProGuard, Jenkins, Gradle, Hybrid apps
Tools: Android Studio, Git
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Zürich Team.
Senior Android Developer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and building advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Reviewing current systems, collaborating with cross-functional teams in defining, designing, and shipping new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Working closely with Business, Requirement Engineers, Offshore development teams and Business Analysts
- Translating business requirements into technical designs
- Producing detailed specification documents
- Monitoring development results and ensuring high quality of deliverables, in adherence to application design
- Responsible for coordinating with Offshore development teams, query & issue resolution, tracking and reporting
- Analyzing and resolving production issues, as well as providing technical support for existing application(s)
Must have skills and work experience for the job:
- Minimum 4 years of Android development experience
- Published multiple Android apps
- Strong background in Java and native Android SDK
- Strong OOP and data structures background
- Knowledge of latest design and architecture patterns of Android development
- Working experience with multi-module hybrid apps
- Android Studio and Git
- Knowledge of different Android development tools teams: ADB, 9-Patch, zipalign, Lint, Graphical Editor, Layout Inspector
- Expertise in code obfuscation using DexGuard
- Good understanding of Android Webkit, WebView. and Inter-Application Communication
- Knowledge in UI testing (Espresso/Robolectric).
- Clear understanding of the Software development lifecycle
- Android release process (certificates, Play Store)
- Continuous integration with Jenkins and Gradle
- Unit Testing with Espresso and Mockito
- Experience with Agile Development (SCRUM methodology, JIRA)
- Open to learn and adapt to defined project guidelines.
- MVVM familiarity and working knowledge
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated
- Delivery focused
- Strong team player and ability to work in international and heterogeneous team
- Technical know-how of internet facing applications (advantage)
Our Interview Process:
- When you apply and you match the required skills we will call you for a screening call (phone ca 15 mins)
- The next step is a technical interview. Mobile engineering has a specific interview process in place that consists of:
• 15 minutes of general questions
• 30 minutes of Android specific technical questions
• 45 minutes to complete a live coding exercise on Android Studio
- If you have a positive feedback from the above technical interview, then the final step is an HR focused discussion ( 30-60 mins)
If you’re interested in this Senior Android Developer role, don’t hesitate and APPLY NOW!
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Competitive plus Benefits