Job Summary (Primary function)
The Senior Maintenance Technician for the new Incyte biological site in Yverdon-les-Bains provides support for commissioning and qualification activities, as well as for the implementation of the maintenance organization during the construction phase, and is then in charge of carrying out preventive and curative maintenance activities on production equipment, technical installations and buildings on the site once the Site is operational.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
During the project, you will provide support and experience for commissioning and validation activities, and then carry out maintenance activities on production equipment, maintenance and operation of utility systems and site buildings.
During the construction phase, your main tasks will be:
• Support commissioning and qualification activities for site equipment and systems.
• Support the implementation of the CMMS software and more specifically set up the equipment database, spare parts for the site.
• Define the tooling and equipment requirements to carry out the activities of the service.
• Write the maintenance procedures for the equipment you are in charge of.
• Support the technical training of users.
During the operational phase, your main tasks will be:
• Carry out the operation and maintenance of equipment, technical installations and buildings in strict compliance with technical standards, safety rules and cGMP regulations.
• Support the maintenance activities of suppliers and subcontractors.
• Document maintenance interventions rigorously and in accordance with applicable requirements.
• Support the treatment of non-conformities on the installations for which you are responsible.
• Ensure close collaboration with operational users and QA.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes as a whole.
• Ensure that the procedures and technical records of the equipment and systems for which you are responsible are up to date at all times.
• To be informed and trained on the evolution of the applicable standards related to the activities of the Maintenance department.
• Intervene as part of the on-call service.
• Perform all tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the service.
• Apply and enforce safety instructions (EHS) when necessary.
• Contribute positively to a strong culture of integrity and business ethics.
• Act in compliance with legal and compliance requirements and company guidelines.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
• Technical background in electrical engineering, mechanics or electricity.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a GMP pharmaceutical/biotech production environment.
• Good knowledge of the main biotech production equipment (bioreactors, chromatography columns, etc.), Utilities and HVAC.
• Knowledge of Swiss standards (ASIT, NIBT), being a holder of an OIBT 13 or 15 authorization is an advantage.
• Rigorous, methodical and analytical.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Fluent in French, English is an advantage.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.