Test Automation Engineer
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Permanent role / full time
Summary of the job:
As a global IT consulting company we are looking for experienced Test Engineers, who are flexible to work on different projects. As we have many projects we will be able to provide you the opportunity to get to know various banking processes (payments, loans, cards, etc.), various methodologies (agile, waterfall) as well. We are looking for you if you are open to such a dynamic environment.
We will be there to help you to achieve your goals with continuous professional development plan and regular career discussions.
You would be joining a vibrant team of international professionals in our Quality Assurance and Engineering team in Zürich. We have many colleagues from all over Europe, including countries like Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Lithuania and of course Switzerland as well. What bonds this amazing team together is the drive to learn from each other and to support our client in quality assurance and testing.
- Automated Testing with Java, working closely with application Developers;
- Acting as a Test Automation engineer, both for UI (Web) and API tests;
- Writing the test code, resolve Test Code quality feedback issues;
- Interacting with multiple client and vendor teams;
- Planning Test Executions;
- Generating and sharing timely comprehensive Test Reports.
Required technical skills for the job:
- Minimum 4 years experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance
- Java 8 or above is required
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with common Test runners, like JUnit/TestNG
- Experience with BDD framework, Cucumber is preferred
- Web test automation - Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver (2.x or above)
- Web Services test automation – REST API (using ApacheHttp/RestAssured), and SOAP/XML (DOM4J, W3CJ, etc.
- Database testing – JDBC/JPA
- Mobile automation experience is required
- Executing tests on Local or Remote systems, like Jenkins/TeamCity, in parallel
- Experience with Code repository systems, like GitHub
- API / Webservices Testing will be an asset
- Strong written and communication skills in English
- A self-starter/self-directed member of the team
Our tpical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video/face to face interviews (technical and business related topics).
To apply for this position please send your CV in English to Maryia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our career site to find out more about our colleagues, benefits at Cognizant Switzerland: http://cognizantcareers.eu/ch_en
What do we offer for Testing Professionals in Switzerland?
Being part of the Swiss Quality Engineering & Assurance practice, you will tap into the vast pool of experience on software testing and quality assurance. Cognizant gives you the opportunity to bring all our exciting tooling, innovations and assets to our clients and help developing these together with our clients.
You will work on exciting projects with our customers, taking the essential role of advising our clients on the quality of the software being tested. Additionally, you will work with our clients to pro-actively advise them how to accelerate and improve the testing process.